13-3 Book Drive 2013
You can help FMCE send students home with reading material for the summer. Friends of Moffat County Education plans to send each K-5th Grade Student home with 10 books for the summer. That's 13,000 books!
Donate your books to any of the drop-off locations at Moffat County schools or donate through our PayPal button to help out the book drive.
2012 Year in Review
April 2012 – FMCE Organizes the 13x3 Book Drive
- Drive Collects 13,000 books
- Every child ages K-5 selects ten books to take home and read over the summer
June 2012 – FMCE Hosts Wake the Whittle 5K Run and 1 Mile Family Fun Run
- Nearly 100 participants race among the beautiful backdrop of Loudy Simpson
- Success of race inspires FMCE to host two more races during the summer
August 2012 – FMCE Hosts Dew Buster 5K Run and 1 Mile Family Fun Run
- Race is held as part of local Hot Air Balloon / BBQ Festival
- Healthier children are better learners
September 2012 – FMCE Hosts Leaf Cruncher 5K Run and 1 Mile Family Fun Run
- The last of FMCE’s races to support its Wellness Initiative
September 2012 – FMCE receive grant from Yampa Valley Community Foundation
- FMCE applied to help fund STEMA initiatives
- Grant will fund Earth Dome and Art Project
October 2012 – FMCE brings Earth Dome to Craig, Colorado
- 19ft by 22ft balloon is set up at all elementary schools and Boys & Girls Club (for homeschool children)
- Over 1,000 students better understand the scale of concepts such as continents, time zones, latitude, longitude, and more!
October 2012 – FMCE Board Funds the Following Initiatives
- Passport to Reading – Designed to inspire fourth and fifth graders to read
- Inauguration Trip – FMCE contributes to fund to help send local high school students to Presidential Inauguration in Washington D.C.
- Capit0l Christmas Tree – FMCE funds art supplies for elementary students to
make ornaments for Christmas Tree located at United States Capitol
- FMCE earmarks $2,000 for the Learning with Ipads project. Makes project a
priority fund raising initiative
November 2012 – FMCE Receives El Pomar Grant
- Grant will help FMCE with priority initiatives
Leaf Cruncher 5K and Family Fun Run
Join us Saturday, Sept. 22 for the Leaf Cruncher 5K & 1 Mile Family Fun Run at Loudy Simpson Park.
Stick around to cheer on the Bulldog Cross Country Team in their home meet after the race!
Leaf Cruncher Registration Form.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [175.4 KB]
Dew Buster 5K Walk/Run
Join us Saturday, August 4 for our 5K Fundraiser. All proceeds benefit Friends of Moffat County Education.
We believe healthy, active kids are better learners.
Join us for the Dew Buster 5K at the BBQ Championship and Balloon Rodeo on Saturday, August 4!
Adobe Acrobat document [69.6 KB]
Wake the Whitler 5K
Join us on Saturday, June 16 for our 5K Fundraiser. Healthy, active kids are better learners.
Download the flyer below.
Join us for the Inaugural 5K Walk/Run on June 16!
Adobe Acrobat document [73.0 KB]