2015 Wake the Whittler 5K
Join us Saturday, June 20, 2015 for the Wake the Whittler 5K and 1 Mile Family Fun Run! 8am @ Loudy Simpson Park. Download the registration form below.
Your $20 entry fee gets you a fun 5K, a race T-shirt and all proceeds support FMCE projects, such as Passport to Reading, AP Training for High School Teachers, museum field trips for elementary students and other projects that enhance education in Moffat County.
FMCE Sponsors Passport to Reading
In its third year, Passport had the best overall results yet, with fourth- and fifth-grade readers collecting a record 6,066 books read throughout the school year to surpass the goal of 6,000. More than 175 kids from East, Ridgeview, Sandrock and Sunset elementary schools were able to attend the barbecue Wednesday that served as reward for all who had achieved a minimum of 20 books read from cover to cover from the fall to the spring.
Read the full article at CraigDailyPress.com
FMCE At a Glance
FMCE has given more than $50,000 to support innovative education initiatives in Moffat County since 2012. We have zero administrative overhead and the money we raise in Moffat County stays in Moffat County.
Here's a PDF about FMCE, what we do and where we're going.
Wake the Whittler 5K
Join us Saturday, June 14, 2014 for the Wake the Whittler 5K and 1 Mile Family Fun Run! 8am @ Loudy Simpson Park. Download the registration form below.
Your $20 entry fee gets you a fun 5K, a race T-shirt and all proceeds support FMCE projects, such as iPads for Elementary schools, lab equipment for the high school and other projects that enhance education in Moffat County.
13-3 Book Drive Begins March 24!
Help us once again send each Pre-K through 5th Grade Moffat County student home for the summer with 10 new books.
We'll be collecting used books in the receptacles at the elementary schools in Craig.
Your tax-deductible cash donation will help us add new titles and new categories. Donate securely right here on our site.
We need to collect 13,000 books by April 13 and we need your help!
Leaf Cruncher 5K - September 21
Join us for the Leaf Cruncher 5K and 1 Mile Family Fun Run Sept. 21 at Loudy Simpson Park. Check-in and Registration begin at 7:15 am. The 5K starts at 8 am, followed by the 1 Mile Family Fun Run.
Stick around after the race to cheer on the MCHS Cross Country Team at their Invitational Meet.
Wake the Whittler 5K - June 15th
Join us for the 5K Walk/Run this Saturday! 8am @ Loudy Simpson Park
13-3 Book Drive 2013
You can help FMCE send students home with reading material for the summer. Friends of Moffat County Education plans to send each K-5th Grade Student home with 10 books for the summer. That's 13,000 books!
Donate your books to any of the drop-off locations at Moffat County schools or donate through our PayPal button to help out the book drive.
2012 Year in Review
April 2012 – FMCE Organizes the 13x3 Book Drive
- Drive Collects 13,000 books
- Every child ages K-5 selects ten books to take home and read over the summer
June 2012 – FMCE Hosts Wake the Whittle 5K Run and 1 Mile Family Fun Run
- Nearly 100 participants race among the beautiful backdrop of Loudy Simpson
- Success of race inspires FMCE to host two more races during the summer
August 2012 – FMCE Hosts Dew Buster 5K Run and 1 Mile Family Fun Run
- Race is held as part of local Hot Air Balloon / BBQ Festival
- Healthier children are better learners
September 2012 – FMCE Hosts Leaf Cruncher 5K Run and 1 Mile Family Fun Run
- The last of FMCE’s races to support its Wellness Initiative
September 2012 – FMCE receive grant from Yampa Valley Community Foundation
- FMCE applied to help fund STEMA initiatives
- Grant will fund Earth Dome and Art Project
October 2012 – FMCE brings Earth Dome to Craig, Colorado
- 19ft by 22ft balloon is set up at all elementary schools and Boys & Girls Club (for homeschool children)
- Over 1,000 students better understand the scale of concepts such as continents, time zones, latitude, longitude, and more!
October 2012 – FMCE Board Funds the Following Initiatives
- Passport to Reading – Designed to inspire fourth and fifth graders to read
- Inauguration Trip – FMCE contributes to fund to help send local high school students to Presidential Inauguration in Washington D.C.
- Capit0l Christmas Tree – FMCE funds art supplies for elementary students to
make ornaments for Christmas Tree located at United States Capitol
- FMCE earmarks $2,000 for the Learning with Ipads project. Makes project a
priority fund raising initiative
November 2012 – FMCE Receives El Pomar Grant
- Grant will help FMCE with priority initiatives
Leaf Cruncher 5K and Family Fun Run
Join us Saturday, Sept. 22 for the Leaf Cruncher 5K & 1 Mile Family Fun Run at Loudy Simpson Park.
Stick around to cheer on the Bulldog Cross Country Team in their home meet after the race!
Leaf Cruncher Registration Form.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [175.4 KB]
Dew Buster 5K Walk/Run
Join us Saturday, August 4 for our 5K Fundraiser. All proceeds benefit Friends of Moffat County Education.
We believe healthy, active kids are better learners.
Join us for the Dew Buster 5K at the BBQ Championship and Balloon Rodeo on Saturday, August 4!
Adobe Acrobat document [69.6 KB]
Wake the Whitler 5K
Join us on Saturday, June 16 for our 5K Fundraiser. Healthy, active kids are better learners.
Download the flyer below.
Join us for the Inaugural 5K Walk/Run on June 16!
Adobe Acrobat document [73.0 KB]